What is ELF HTX?
ELF HTX is a classic car oil, consisting of three varieties. Total is continually creating new and innovative oils to keep modern vehicles in peak condition, but we haven’t forgotten about vintage models. To safeguard automotive classics from damage resulting from the use of modern oils, we’ve created the ELF HTX range – engine oils developed to cover every classic car era.
The HTX range includes the following engine lubricants:
- HTX Prestige – Developed for classic cars built between the 1900s and 1950s
- HTX Collection – For vintage cars produced between the 1950s and 1980s
- HTX Chrono – Made for younger classics from the 1980s and 1990s, as well as modified classic cars, high-performance vehicles and those driven on tracks.
Why choose ELF HTX classic car oil?
HTX oils are an excellent choice for any classic car owner wanting to improve their engine performance and safeguard components. Drawing on Total’s decades of engine lubrication experience, they’ve been designed with the correct grades and synthetic formulas to unlock the power of older engines, all while keeping them safe from mechanical wear, deposit build-up and corrosion.
The ELF HTX range includes:
HTX Prestige classic car oil
ELF HTX Prestige is for classics from a bygone automotive era, including vehicles by Aston Martin, Bugatti and Jaguar. HTX Prestige mineral engine lubricant has a high viscosity to ensure minimal oil loss and Multigrade technology to avoid low-temperature oil circulation issues.
The oil is available at SAE 40 grade for vehicles built between 1900 and 1950 without an oil filter or cyclone separator, and 20W-50, for young and old classic cars in need of enhanced wear protection to protect against oil flow issues, oil pump strain and oil starvation on start-up.
HTX Collection classic car oil
ELF HTX Collection 20W-50 oil helps provide low-wear starts and high-temperature performance that ‘Youngtimer’ vintage vehicles with original-condition engines require Designed for vintage cars vintage cars produced between the 1950s and 1980s. HTX Collection engine lubricant protects against wear – particularly in the lubrication system itself – and is formulated to protect against corrosion during long periods of inactivity.
HTX Chrono classic car oil
ELF HTX Chrono modern synthetic oil is specially made for high-performance and tuned vintage vehicles and those driven on tracks from the 1980s and 1990s,. It’s 10W-60 formula is compatible with all road and racing fuels, and has been developed to reduce wear and optimise performance in engines being driven under competitive conditions.
ELF HTX key features and benefits
The HTX range of classic car oils offers drivers a host of benefits:
- HTX suits an extensive range of vintage vehicles spanning over a century
- Formulated to protect against engine wear
- Multigrade technology helps ensure performance during cold starts
- Made to ensure excellent performance, even under extreme temperatures
- Dispersant additives keep engines clean from soot, wear metals and combustion by-products
- Correct dispersant levels to ensure compatibility with vintage oil filters
- Detergents remove carbon deposits from the engine to prevent clogging
- Thicker formulations support older engine processes such as bubbling lubrication
- Rust and corrosion protection for vehicles kept inactive for long periods of time
- Unique, collectable packaging designed by classic car illustrator Thierry Dubois.
To protect your classic vehicle’s engine the right way, choose ELF HTX engine lubricants. Contact our team to order or find out more.