What are Total’s electrical transformer oils?
Total’s transformer oils are used in oil-filled electrical transformers, protecting their components from breakdown and overheating in extremely hot, high-stress conditions.
Preventing short-circuiting and reducing wear, they lower oil, maintenance and replacement costs, optimising the performance of electrical equipment and ensuring grid stability.
Total’s insulating electrical transformer oils include:
- Isovoltine II – Non-inhibited, traced-inhibited and inhibited naphthenic mineral oils.
- Isovoltine P – Trace-inhibited and inhibited paraffinic mineral oils.
- Isovoltine Bio – Biodegradable oils based on high-performance synthetic esters.
- Isovoltine Bio VE - Biodegradable oils based on high-performance natural esters.
Why choose Total’s transformer oils?
Energy grids and power systems are relied upon to constantly perform, whether they’re providing electricity for a business or home life. Transformers are a key part of this power infrastructure, but they need to be insulated with lubricants to function correctly and not overheat from the extreme voltages passing through them.
Total’s premium industrial transformer lubricants provide this protection, cooling transformer components such as the core and windings, insulating them. This ensures that wear and corrosion are protected against, as well as dangerous overheating and the breakdown of transformer materials.
Customers can also benefit from Total’s support services to get the most out of their transformer oils, including Total ANAC, the oil analysis service that helps businesses identify anomalies in production chains to boost productivity and performance. All part of our energy and power offerings.
Total’s transformer oils’ Key features and benefits
Total’s insulating oils push the boundaries of performance with the following features and benefits:
- Excellent insulating power – Protecting components and keeping sites and personnel safe.
- High oxidisation resistance – Prolonging oil and component lifetimes.
- Very high flash point – Improving fire safety to protect staff and equipment.
- Reduces sludge build-up – Reducing maintenance frequency.
- Superior insulating properties – To protect components and reduce replacement costs.
- Contains inhibitors – To ensure oxidisation resistance.
- No sulphur – Reducing corrosion.
- High purity levels – Lowering temperatures and improving power factors.
- Superlative cooling properties – Due to excellent fluidity and heat transfer.
- Biodegradable oils available – To minimise environmental impacts.
- High dielectric breakdown voltage
- High volume resistivity
- High interfacial surface tension
- No polar substances
For more information on how Total’s transformer oils can safeguard your power equipment, please contact our experts.