What are Total’s forming fluids?
Metal working machinery and tools performing bending, shaping, stamping and stretching operations need to be correctly lubricated in order to function effectively. Total’s range of premium forming fluids are reliable and durable enough for even the most high-pressure forming operations, ensuring that machines are kept in good order and excellent-quality products exit the production line.
There are plenty of different forming fluids in the Total range, suited to a selection of applications:
- Martol AL – Neat, chlorine-free, non-ferrous metal forming oil for average and difficult operations.
- Martol EP CF – Neat, chlorine-free metal forming oil for the most difficult operations.
- Martol EP – Neat, chlorinated steel forming oil for the most difficult operations.
- Martol FMO CF – Neat, food-grade, aluminium forming oil for food packaging operations.
- Martol Spiroll SE – Neat, non-mineral, synthetic forming oil.
- Martol EV/LVG – Evanescent varnishing oils with and without Volatile Organic Compounds for a range of ferrous and non-ferrous operations.
- Martol Solule ST – Soluble deformation oils for die stamping and cutting operations.
Why choose Total’s forming fluids?
There are lots of reasons why Total’s forming fluids are better than the rest. They’ve been formulated alongside industry partners who know exactly the sorts of problems metal working machines encounter, so cover a huge range of different operations and applications.
They’re supported by an extensive network of technical support services and staff, and lastly, thanks to their premium formulation, have a raft of other features, including low volatilities, high flashpoints and notable anti-wear properties.
If you want to optimise your forming operations and increase performance, Total’s metal working oils are a good choice. Part of the Total Metalworking lubricant range.
Total’s forming fluids key features and benefits
There are all sorts of features and benefits to using Total’s range of forming fluids, including:
- A wide range of oils – For all operations.
- Non-staining formula – Ensuring products and tools look their best.
- Exceptional anti-wear properties – Reducing the frequency of tool changes.
- Low volatility – For a fast-evaporating, safe lubricant.
- Transparent product – For better machining conditions.
- Oxidisation resistance – Improving the service lives of products and tools.
- Low or no odour – For a pleasant working environment.
- Excellent adhesiveness – On all types of metallic surfaces.
- Less carbonaceous matter and residues – Equals less cleaning.
- Non-toxic chlorinated products available – In line with 1999/45/EC.
- Limited degreasing time – Helping improve productivity.
- High flash point – Limiting fire risk.
To discover how Total’s range of forming oils could benefit your business, please contact our team.