- How to check brake fluid? How do you check brake fluid?
How to check brake fluid? How do you check brake fluid?
- Step 1: Park your car on level ground and put the parking brake on.
- Step 2: Open the hood and secure it safely.
- Step 3: Locate the reservoir. It’s easy to find: look for a small, semi-transparent reservoir behind the steering wheel. It’s attached to the brake master cylinder, which is a small metal block near by the brake pedal in the engine compartment.
- Step 4: Checking brake fluid is fairly simple. You check the brake fluid level by making sure it is between the MIN and MAX marks on the reservoir. It should be a light golden brown color if it’s still usable. If the brake fluid level is under the MIN mark, see a qualified mechanic. Note that worn brake linings or a leak from the hydraulic system could be the reason for low brake fluid.