What is AdBlue®?
AdBlue® is a liquid for diesel vehicles that helps to reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. It is an aqueous solutions composed of 32.5% urea and 67.5% demineralised water, in accordance with the ISA 22241 standard. It is used in diesel cars, light commercial vehicles and HGVs, buses and coaches equipped with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology.
AdBlue® is classified as a non-hazardous product. It is biodegradable, water soluble and colourless. AdBlue® is a premium product that ensures a smooth-running SCR system in any make of vehicle, thus helping to reduce tailpipe emissions.
Why choose AdBlue® from Total?
AdBlue® is available from Total in bulk, IBC, barrel and small packs for commercial vehicles (it’s availability for passenger cars will be determined in the future). It can be used to bring vehicles into line with the European Union’s Euro VI emission standard.
AdBlue® from Total meets the latest specifications from lorry, truck and HGV manufacturers, who have designed more advanced exhaust systems in recent years.
Their selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology is designed to treat commercial vehicle exhaust gases, and it uses AdBlue® to convert nitrogen oxides into water vapour and nitrogen.
Please contact us to discuss your commercial fleet’s AdBlue® needs. It is available from Total in bulk quantities and smaller packs.
Key AdBlue® features and benefits
- Full compliance – with Euro VI emissions standard
- Biodegradable – non-hazardous product
- One solution – for all vehicle makes
HOW DO I USE ADBLUE® ?
It’s added to the engine via a separate filler cap, which is often next to the fuel cap. About 3L of AdBlue® are consumed per 100L of fuel. As well as trucks, busses and other commercial vehicles all use AdBlue®, as well as some cars.
STORAGE & HANDLING
- Store AdBlue® away from the light.
- Beyond 30°C, AdBlue® starts decomposing.
- AdBlue® freezes at -11°C. The automatic warming system of the vehicle allows to make it become liquid again within 20 minutes after engine start. During this time, the vehicle can be operated normally.
- If AdBlue® is stored outside the vehicle’s tank, gently thaw it, it can then be used normally again.
- Keep the AdBlue® equipment clean, away from dust and dirt.
- AdBlue® shelf life is minimum 12 months if it is stored at a temperature below 30°C.
- Only use AdBlue® delivered into dedicated and sealed AdBlue® packaging.
- AdBlue® is classified as non-hazardous: in case of contact with skin or clothes, the recommendation is to rinse with water.
- AdBlue® can have a corrosive action on certain metals: in case of spilling, rinse with water.
- Do not use equipment (canisters, etc.) used for other liquids to refill or store AdBlue®.
- Close tightly the AdBlue® tank and canister after refill.
What is Total DIAXOL?
Total has developed a new product to meet the increasing demands of the fleet market – Diaxol – an additive dissolved in AdBlue® for cleaning SCR denox systems to improve its properties in frequent stopping and cold climate situations.
Diaxol will prolong the life of diesel fleets and dramatically reduce exhaust clogging due to crystallisation deposits. Tests have shown that vehicles using Diaxol can drive for 50,000 kilometres without any clogging issues.
Due to Diaxol’s preventative effect, there is a reduced requirement for maintenance of the SCR system.
Diaxol is a revolutionary technology for fleets including buses, coaches and HGVs. Our estimations show that these sorts of vehicles experience exhaust clogging issues up to 40% of the time.
Please contact us to enquire about Diaxol for your commercial vehicle fleet.