Innovative, new motor oils, Fuel Economy products that help protect the environment, the best coolants and transmission oils – with Total Lubricants you have a one-stop shop for drivers who care about quality and performance. This page will take you through our leading products and their benefits for both petrol and diesel cars.
CHOOSE YOUR PRODUCT
With our cutting edge technology at its heart, Total Quartz engine oils are winners on both road and track. Designed to meet the most stringent manufacturer specifications, our Quartz products carry nearly all official OEM approvals, and are loved by manufacturers, mechanics and motorists alike.
At Total Lubricants, we know that no two vehicle makes are the same, so we’ve developed oils for a vast range of engines and models.
The engine oil you choose can have a significant impact on the fuel economy of your car. Our Fuel Economy technology is one of our most important innovations as we strive to bring drivers excellent performance and lubricants that are better for the environment. Look for the FE badge on Total Quartz products and you’ll discover a range of engine oils to significantly lower your fuel consumption. Thanks to an optimised viscosity profile, FE products reduce the friction that causes power loss in lubricated parts. For you the result will be lower fuel costs, and for the environment it means lower carbon emissions.
The FE products able to provide following benefits:
- Reduce your carbon emissions with every mile driven.
- Save money at the petrol pump.
- Optimised viscosity profile leads to less engine friction, prolonging its life.
- Cleaner running and anti-wear protection.
- Options for petrol and diesel engines by leading manufacturers.
For TOTAL QUARTZ engine oil, our engineers have formulated Age Resistance Technology, also known as ART. It's a breakthrough innovation: the interaction between oil molecules is increased, creating a super resistant molecular structure. This helps to prevent the lubricant protective film from breaking, whatever the conditions: extreme temperature and pressure, frictino and sludge accumulation. TOTAL QUARTZ with ART protects all your engine parts to ensure optimal working condition.
The benefits of TOTAL QUARTZ with ART
- Extent the lifespan of your car's engine performance
- Protection against sludge build-up improved by 18%*
- Protection against mechanical wear improved by 64%*
*In average compared to offical industry test limits
At Total, our constant drive to innovate means we are always researching new ways of improving our market-leading Total Quartz range. A wide number of options are available for various engines new and old. Key benefits include:
- Protect your engine against wear and corrosion for a longer working life.
- Improve fuel efficiency thanks to lower friction in the engine.
- Cleaner running as impurities are reduced.
- Improved performance with a tight lubricated seal between piston and cylinder.
- Keep your engine cool, preventing engine loss and deterioration.
Aston Martin and Total - car lovers
Aston Martin and Total combine forces in a powerful relationship, through winning results in the FIA WEC, to road-car DB11 and Vantage models using TOTAL QUARTZ as their first-fill engine oil.
For more than fifty years ELF has been a competitive, innovative and successful brand. Its successes and victories in Motorsport prove it. After years of research and innovation devoted to motorsport competitions and partnerships with major car manufacturers, ELF highlights its expertise by providing you with high quality lubricants for your engine.
SPORTI Range of Lubricants:
A guarantee of quality to keep your engine clean and maintain its performance. Our new range of cost effective oils for the independent aftermarket
|Products||Norm acea||Norm API||Technology||Meets the requirements of|
|SPORTI 9 C3
|C3||SN / CF||Synthetic
MB 229.51, BMW LL-04,
GM Dexos 2.
|SPORTI 9 A5/B5
|A5/B5||SL / CF||Synthetic
|FORD WSS-M2C 913-D
with WSS-M2C 913-C).
|SPORTI 9 LONG LIFE
|C3||SN / CF||Synthetic
MB 229.51, BMW LL-04.
|A3 /B4||SN / CF||Synthetic
MB 229.3, BMW LL-01.
|SPORTI 9 C2/C3
|C2 / C3||Synthetic
|SPORTI 7 A3/B4
|A3/B4||SL / CF||Synthetic Based
While we are constantly developing new lubricant technologies for tomorrow, we haven’t forgotten the much-loved cars of yester year. After all, using today’s cutting edge engine oils in older engines can cause irreversible damage. That’s why we’ve released a range of oils for classic car owners.
The HTX range has been released by Total Lubricants through our Elf brand, and it features three products that come in vintage style tin packaging. HTX Prestige, HTX Collection and HTX Chrono have been designed in collaboration with classic car clubs, and they’re perfectly suited to the challenges presented by old school motors.
HTX Prestige – Suited Aston Martin, Jaguar, Bugatti and other classics, the multigrade technology in HTX Prestige helps avoid oil circulation problems at low temperatures. HTX Prestige SAE 40 is specially designed for cars produced between 1900 and 1950, while HTX Prestige 20W-50 offers very high viscosity to minimise oil loss in older cars.
HTC Collection 20W-50 – Specially formulated for classic cars from the 1950s, this oil makes it easier to start the engine after long dormant periods, and preserves against wear and tear even when engine temperatures rise to their hottest levels.
HTX Chrono 10W-60 – Many modern classics of the 1980s are still worshipped around the world, and this oil is designed for favourites such as the VW Golf GTI and the Peugeot 205 GTI, as well as Alfa Romeo, Ferarri, Porche and Lotus sports cars. It’s ideal for use on road and track, providing protection in all conditions and maintaining optimum lubrication at full throttle.
With the HTX range of classic car oils, drivers will benefit from:
- Premium lubricants suited to a range of vintage vehicles.
- Protect your valuable classic engine against wear and extreme temperatures.
- Thicker oils that support processes such as bubbling lubrication in older engines.
- Less dispersant, to be compatible with the oil filters of the day.
- Unique, collectable packaging designed by classic car illustrator Thierry Dubois.
Did you know that 22% of vehicle failures are caused by problems with the cooling system? With Total Glacelf and Coolelf coolants, you can avoid unnecessary expenses and keep your car running efficiently.
These high quality, durable engine fluids take away the worry of engine breakdown, protect against corrosion and overheating, and lower maintenance costs for drivers. They’re developed in the most advanced research centres in Europe, and are approved by a range of world-class car manufacturers.
The Total coolant range includes:
- Total Glacelf SI-OAT – Dilute this concentrate for use in EURO 6 engines.
- Total Coolelf SI-OAT – A ready-to-use cooling solution for EURO 6 engines.
- Total Coolelf G13 – Ready-to-use coolant suitable for most VW Group engines.
- Total Coolelf FR – Ready-to-use in Citroën and Peugeot models.
- Total Coolelf FR RD – Ready-to-use for Renault and Dacia engines.
- Total Coolelf ECO BS – Economical and ready-to-use, it conforms to British Standard 6580.
- Total Glacelf ECO BS – Concentrate to be diluted, this coolant is also BS 6580 compliant.
Fill your car’s cooling system with a Total Glacelf or Coolelf product, and you’ll:
- Ensure heat exchanger efficiency.
- Protect against corrosion and cavitation.
- Help protect the environment.
- Protect your engine against boiling temperatures.
- And protect it against frozen fluids.
Just like the engine itself, it’s crucial that you keep your gearbox lubricated to ensure optimum performance and to protect it against wear and tear. Total offers durable, high quality lubricants for both manual and automatic transmissions, including Fuel Economy options that will save you money and help protect the environment.
Oil for manual transmissions
Our Total Transmission and Total Transtec ranges provide an excellent selection of products to protect your gearbox from wear and tear, while Total Transmission Axle 8 75W-90 is available for axle lubrication. Total Transmission Gear 9 FE 75W-90 is the choice to make if you want high quality, superb protection and fuel economy savings.
Find out more about manual transmission products here
Oil for automatic transmissions
A complete selection of lubricants for automatic transmissions can be found thanks to our Total Fluidmatic and Total Fluide ranges. These cover Dexron transmissions, as well as DCT and CVT options. Total Fluide XLD FE is the choice for greater fuel economy, long drain periods and anti-friction properties.
Find out more about automatic transmission products here
With Total’s specially formulated ranges of transmission fluids for gearboxes and axles, you can benefit from:
- Lower maintenance costs thanks to extended drain periods.
- Excellent gearbox protection against wear and corrosion – these oils can stand extreme pressure.
- Low temperature fluidity means less drag and fuel consumption even during cold starts.
- Excellent stability in operation due to the high viscosity index.
- High compatibility with oil filters due to antifoam properties.
- Fuel economy options to help you reduce fuel costs and protect the environment.
Developed for electric vehicles from the ground up with technological insights from Total’s participation in Formula E, the TOTAL QUARTZ EV range of oils and coolants protects components and improves engine and battery performance. With a range covering all electric vehicle types, there’s a cutting-edge QUARTZ EV fluid for every electric and hybrid.