Corporate social responsibility – our commitments
We understand our obligations to people and to the environment. We develop products that reduce the environmental impact of engines and machinery, meet and exceed environmental regulations across the UK and globe, and ensure our company and the staff that make it give back to their communities and play a beneficial role in society. These are just some of our commitments to corporate social responsibility.
Action! by Total Foundation
Action! is Total’s corporate volunteering programme. Through it, some 2,300 Total employees support local charities and civil society organisations by devoting up to three days of their working time per year to volunteering initiatives.
Action! partners must be civil society organisations, serving the public interest and active in one or more of four priority areas:
- Road safety.
- Youth inclusion and education.
- Forests and climate.
- Cultural dialogue and heritage.
Organisations wishing to participate can view the full eligibility criteria and register at www.action.foundation.total. Once validated, partners can publish their volunteering initiatives on the Action! website, where Total UK employees can view which charities need volunteers and offer their time.
Volunteering initiatives can fall into four categories:
- Helping hand – initiatives that have no direct link to the volunteer’s professional expertise.
- Skills-based – initiatives that require the employee’s professional skills.
- Mentoring – to support a socially vulnerable young person.
- Solidarity team building – initiatives organised by a manager and his team to support a non-profit organisation, such as forest cleaning.
Through the Action! programme, Total is giving its employees time and resources to contribute more fully to the development of its host communities and regions.